THE GIRLS’ NIGHT IN
1. Be in board game bliss. Have everyone come in their pj’s and bring their favorite board game from way back when. Dream Phone and Guess Who? are required. And as a throwback, have goody bags for the winners.
2. Host a pampering party. Indulge in DIY facials (or sheet masks) and at-home mani/pedis while watching a movie marathon chosen by the birthday girl.
3. Have a cake swap. Is it worth getting a year older without the frosting and candles? We think not. Ask each guest to forego gifts and bring their favorite cake—and then taste them all. (Side note: This may be our favorite adult birthday party idea ever).
THE COCKTAIL PARTY
1. Host a mixology party. Hire a professional mixologist to craft custom drinks for your friends all night long based on their favorite ingredients. It’ll be just like going to your local speakeasy.
2. Opt for a classy affair. We’re talking suits and stilettos, jazz in the background, and plenty of hors d’oeuvres. Do a champagne toast to thank your guests.
3. Have a wine and cheese night. Research the perfect pairings of cheddar, Cabernet, and so forth. If you want to go all out, offer wine flights to your guests.
THE DRESS-UP PARTY
1. Play hostess at your favorite store. Some boutiques will actually let you throw your birthdayé onsite (as long as some guests purchase things, of course). Are you a shoes girl? Ask to have your fête right in the footwear department.
2. Get dolled up at your place. Tell your friends to wear their favorite party dresses, and then call an at-home beauty concierge service like Vênsette to come do hair and makeup. If you decide to go out, great—if not, who cares? It’s all about getting ready together.
3. Have a jewelry-making party where you craft custom pieces together—and take them home. We’re partial to Kendra Scott’s Color Bar (which has retail locations in some states). If you’re not near one, don’t fear: You can still host a Color Bar party with a few tablets and wine at your place. Your guests can literally customize everything from metal type to stone color and much more online.
THE THEMED PARTY
1. Throw a Great Gatsby–themed party. Get out those flapper dresses and rhinestone tiaras, and learn how to do the Charleston together. (The guys will get into this one, too).
2. Have a margherita and margarita party. Most parties are all about the food and this one is no exception. Make homemade margherita pizzas together—and blend margaritas (alcoholic or non). The dress code? Something with drawstrings.
3. Plan a murder mystery soirée. Each guest is assigned a character to dress up as ahead of time; we’re partial to those pre-planned by Night of Mystery. Simply download everything you need in advance and you’re good to go. Hollywood, the rodeo, and royal mysteries are all theme options!
THE POOL PARTY
1. Put on a Coachella-themed bash. We’re thinking a flower crown–making station, flash tats, and inflatable floats for days (our favorites are from Sunnylife). A killer playlist won’t hurt, either.
2. Throw a barbecue. Beer, burgers, and hot dogs (and some veggie kebobs!). Guests can take a dip whenever they so please, but the food is the star of the show here.
3. Have a luau. This is the time to greet guests with homemade flower leis, craft cocktails in pineapples, and set up your own tiki bar.
life can be fun with the top escort in tampa fl